This week on The Chrome Cast, we begin by chatting about the arrival of the Pixel 6a and the Pixel Buds Pro on the scene. We’ve known the launch would be on July 21st since the initial announcement, but the arrival of the pre-order date means our impressions video and countless others are now out in the wild. We stack up the Pixel 6a against its bigger, more-expensive siblings and talk about why this is such an important device for the Google hardware team.
We also chat about the Pixel Buds Pro, the expectations we have of them, and the reasons they could be an absolute home run for Google if things align properly. From there, we transition to talking about the resurgence of hope in the Pixelbook lineup stemming from a missed admission by Google’s Rick Osterloh during Google I/O 2022 that future Pixelbooks were on the roadmap. It’s a packed episode and we hope you enjoy all of it!
- Google will sell you a Pixel 6a for $150
- Pixel 6a first impressions: the Pixel 6 experience on a budget [VIDEO]
- New Pixelbooks were confirmed at Google I/O 2022, and we all missed it
- Pixel Buds Pro will let you automatically switch between two devices
- Select carriers are already offering free Pixel 6a phones
- Wrap your Pixel in a half shell: Pixel Power!Pixel Buds Pro preorders are live
- Where to preorder the Google Pixel 6a today and get a free Pixel Buds A-Series