This week on The Chrome Cast, we stay in one lane: Google’s. Specifically, Google’s upcoming hardware. Over the past few days, leak after leak has happened and pretty much everything is out in the open about new phones, a new Chromecast, a new smart speaker, and a new Wi-Fi router. Between this week’s podcast and last week’s episode, we’ve learned a whole lot.
There’s a ton to be excited for and a bit to be bummed by, too. While the Chromecast looks absolutely stellar, the new Wi-Fi is a head-scratcher and the possible $699 price tag of the Pixel 5 feels like a complete miss for a compromised Pixel phone for 2020. We’re talking about it all in our lead up to Google’s hardware event, so sit back and enjoy the conversation.
- Pixel 5 for $699 will be a massive failure if leaks are accurate
- Snag a free Nest Mini while you wait for new Google hardware on September 30th
- Here’s the new Chromecast with Google TV in action
- Google’s new Chromecast box doesn’t mention Stadia and that is odd
- Google’s new Chromecast and Nest Audio speaker are hitting store shelves early
- Google may launch a new, lower-cost Nest Wi-Fi router at its hardware event next week
- Google’s new smart speaker gets a name, leaked pics, and will likely cost less than $100
- Google’s new Chromecast with Google TV shows up a bit early in new photos