This week on The Chrome Cast, we start the show by talking through a bunch of new accessories that have hit the market for the Pixel Watch. Though this is the tip of the iceberg and many more are likely on the way, it is great to see some truly useful additions for Google’s new wearable from 3rd party companies already hitting virtual store shelves.
After that, we move on to discuss some interesting things we learned while up in NYC earlier this month. During our time at Google’s offices, we were able to have a lengthy discussion about ChromeOS Flex and the methods that are used to determine what devices get the green check in Google’s database of certified devices. Not only does every certified device get run through a massive battery of tests, they are also all there in Google’s testing lab, and we got to look around in there a bit.
Finally, we cover some notes from the soon-to-released Acer Chromebook 516 GE review that will be out early next week. What Acer has built with this device is nothing short of awesome, and though they set out to create a great cloud gaming Chromebook, they ended up building a fantastic overall device, too.
- We toured the ChromeOS Flex certified laptop testing lab, and it is wild
- The Pixel Watch charger can actually charge your wireless earbuds in a pinch
- The Ringke Slim Case for Pixel Watch is shipping and ours just arrived [VIDEO]
- The first legit metal link watch band for the Pixel Watch is nearly here
- We just put a 3rd-party 20mm watch band on the Pixel Watch [VIDEO]
- A new protective bumper case for the Pixel Watch emerges, looks awesome
This episode is sponsored by VIZOR – OFFER 20% DISCOUNT! VIZOR is a Chromebook and IT Asset management solution designed specifically for Schools and School Districts. VIZOR integrates with the Google Admin console and with your Student Information System. Know who has what Chromebook, manage 1:1 programs, and track repairs. CLICK HERE to lock in a 20% DISCOUNT and to find out how VIZOR can help your School manage Chromebooks.