This week on The Chrome Cast, we start the show off by discussing the most recent leaks surrounding the upcoming Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro that give us more details on what to expect this fall along with a promise for 5 years of regular security updates from Google.
For the second half of the show, we start by discussing Chrome OS 91’s update issues and the current pause from the update server. After that, we expand on the new Jasper Lake benchmark scores we’re seeing and the impact this line of Chromebooks could have on the ecosystem as a whole. That leads to talk about tablets, ARM processors, and Google’s custom silicon eventually coming to Chromebooks. It’s a full show this week!
- Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro spec leak promises 5 years of update support
- Google pauses Chrome OS update, breaks Linux container
- Tested: Intel’s Jasper Lake delivers big performance gains for affordable Chromebooks
- Chrome OS 91 busted? You’re not alone
- Apple’s M1 chip has us very excited for a Google ARM processor [VIDEO]
- Here’s why MediaTek’s new Chromebook ARM processors are so important [VIDEO]
- Why ARM processors are so important to the future of Chromebooks
This episode is brought to you by NordVPN. Get a VPN that takes your privacy seriously. NordVPN is our VPN of choice and will secure your browsing on your Chromebook or on any device. Use NordVPN to keep your private data to yourself whether you are at home or on the go! CLICK HERE to try it out and get a 3-year deal for $3.49/month.