This week, we felt it was only fitting to not only discuss Stadia’s final death, but also the cloud gaming revolution it looks to have started. While many of the main players in the cloud gaming space have been around for quite some time, Google’s efforts with Stadia brought the idea of streaming games to the forefront and regardless of whether or not it ever rises again from the ashes, the entire industry has them to thank for stoking those fires.
Moving forward, services like GeForce NOW are looking to pick up the slack, and with recent improvements and advancements, we’re all a bit shocked by just how good cloud gaming has become in the past year or so. Though Stadia as a platform is gone, its legacy surely lives on and the Chromebook gaming scene is better for it.
- It looks like converted Bluetooth Stadia controllers will get firmware updates through 2023
- You can now officially unlock your Stadia controller
- The Chrome Cast 210: Evolution of Steam gaming on Chromebooks with Google’s Zach Alcorn
- Stadia says farewell with a beautiful parting gift for its players
- [U] Nvidia GeForce NOW just added an ‘Ultimate’ tier with better features and no additional cost
Fueled by Fresh Roasted Coffee! CLICK HERE to buy the special edition Chrome Unboxed bag.
This episode is also brought to you by NordVPN. CLICK HERE to try it out and get 2 years for $3.29 per month.