This week on The Chrome Cast, we begin the episode discussing a new device that is in the office that, while it does run Chrome, is not exactly in our normal hardware wheelhouse. The device is my new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and the reasons for this purchase were many, but the driving factors were the deal T-Mobile gave me on a trade in of an old phone and a long-standing desire I’ve had to primarily carry a tablet around as my main mobile device.
After talking a bit about the Z Fold 3 and how excited it makes me for the possiblity of the Pixel Fold in 2022, we transition the show to a more retrospective time as we look back on the 10 most-viewed articles of 2021 on Chrome Unboxed. That list takes us through quite a few memories and gives us a bit of a chance to look back on the year that was as we move into 2022.
- According to one reliable leaker, the Pixel Fold isn’t actually cancelled
- Year in Review: A look back at the top 10 articles of 2021
- 5G is coming to 12th-gen Intel Alder Lake Chromebooks, too
- Samsung is cooking up another affordable Chromebook with tablet potential
- How to try Google’s new detached Chrome browser as default on Chrome OS 96 stable
- Expect quite a few HP Chromebooks with 12th-gen Intel Alder Lake chips inside
- We may see a smaller, true successor to the Lenovo Chromebook Duet after all
- HP looks to be prepping a MediaTek Kompanio 1000 series Chromebook
- 5 new hidden Chrome OS 96 features you can try right now
- Google’s Pixel Watch looks to be getting the next-gen Assistant and a possible Exynos chip
- The best hope for Chromebook video editing is now Apple’s iPad App of the Year