Google’s Play Pass subscription offers you nearly 500 apps and games in an ad-free experience for each entry. It even bundles in all of the respective in-app purchases at no extra cost to you and five other members of your family for just $4.99 per month or $29.99 per year. New games are added each month and we’ll do our best to bring those to your attention right here on Chrome Unboxed. You can begin with a free trial and decide whether or not you want to keep it too, so there’s no harm in diving in to take a look!
With that being said, here are your Play Pass games for December. We think that while this month offers more games than any month prior, the quality of these titles is largely less appealing. Google has been doing a pretty good job at creating an overwhelmingly good value for Play Pass and each person’s opinion of these titles will be drastically different, but as a game developer, I will have to say that many of these feel thrown together and as a gamer, I have to say that while a few of these are very fun, most of them are completely forgettable.
The games we cover today can be played on your Chromebook or Android device. Since Chromebooks can play games in portrait mode (popular with tablet-style devices) and landscape mode (the most common Chromebook configuration), we will cover both equally. For those of you hoping for more news regarding games that are truly optimized for Chromebooks, stay tuned – we will continue to refine our content approach with time. In the meantime, here are our top three picks for the month followed by the rest of your Play Pass games, so be sure to let us know in the comments if you install any of them. Happy gaming!
The Escapist: Prison Escape
The Escapist is always an incredibly fun game and despite its simple graphics, it absolutely is one of the best Play Pass titles this month. Any time you can pick up a game from Team 17 for free – do it.
The Escapists, you’ve done the crime but can you survive and do the time? The Escapists is a unique prison escape sandbox game where you get to experience a life behind bars and barbed wire fences. You’ve had a life of crime but now you’re caught. With thrilling and immersive gameplay, you need to create an escape route in a world of other prisoners and ruled by routine.
Doom & Destiny
Doom & Destiny looks like it was made in RPG Maker – a game engine often teased for its lack of commercial appeal. While I can’t speak to the quality of the story, the sheer volume and diversity of gameplay here make it one of the few games built with the engine worth checking out.
Four nerds, drawn into a fantasy world and mistaken for heroes, have to battle their way through a massive, crazy adventure and defeat a preposterous villain! This great RPG has magic, dungeons, pizza, and jokes galore. If you ever enjoyed 8bit and 16bit role-playing game, pen and paper RPG, and nerd humor, you are going to love this game!
Do&De features NO in-app purchases (IAP) or ads – you get the entire game for one price!
* 20 hours of story and 20 hours of extras, adventures, side-quests, and more!
* Turn-based, easy-to-learn combat
* Change your party order to apply special bonuses
* 100 levels of experience
* More than 200 special powers and spells
* More than 300 enemies
* More than 500 items between potions, chips, weapons, shirts, and armor
* More than 700 locations,
* More than 10,000 lines of dialog
* Epic Flying Spaghetti Monster!
The world-acclaimed, mobile rhythm game that’s touched over 10 million players. Created by the team that brought you Cytus, the original Rayark team has created a whole new texture to the piano rhythm game DEEMO.
* 60+ Free songs in story mode, including more than 220 songs
* Unlock more tracks as the game progresses, experience a story that will move you
* Accompany Deemo and engage with this stunning, modern fairytale
* Plenty of original piano songs in various music genres, many composed by famous composers from around the world
* Simple and intuitive gameplay, experience touching emotion through music
* Through tapping and sliding, follow the rhythm to play along
* Explore the scenes, piece together the clues, and obtain hidden in-game elements
* Stand-alone game; no need to have an internet connection to play
* Twitter and Facebook score sharing function. Proceed to Youtube for official videos.
More new Play Pass Games
- Dungeon Warfare
- Door Kickers: Action Squad
- The School – White Day
- Doodle God
- Tormentum – Dark Sorrow
- Pipi’s Villa Villekulla
- Plumber 3
- Rush Rally 3
- First Strike: Final Hour
- Trees and Tents Puzzle
- Spaceflight Simulator
- Snail Bob 2
- Stickman Snowboarder
- Disaster Will Strike 2
- Doodle Kingdom
- Reporter 2 – 3D Creepy & Scary Horror Game
- Hoppy Frog 2 – City Escape
- Peppa Pig: Golden Boots
- Jet Car Stunts 2
- Rima: The Story Begins
- Beyond Ynth HD
- Simon the Sorcerer
- Tap the Frog
- The 7th Guest: Remastered
- Under: Depths of Fear
- Unroll Me – unblock the slots
- Black Stories PREMIUM – mysterious and gloomy
- Talking James Squirrel – Virtual Pet