This week on The Chrome Cast, we begin the show by once again delving into the week’s news surrounding the highly-anticipated Pixel 6 launch. With the new rumors swirling, it seems clear that we’ll be seeing these new phones up for order on October 19th – less than four weeks from now. We also take some time to further discuss the Pixel fold and the fact that even in being completely overshadowed by the Pixel 6 right now, there’s still hope that it may launch later in 2021.
For the second half of the show, we talk about Acer’s upcoming global press conference and the hopes we have that we might at least get a glimpse of a new MediaTek-powered device or two. We have strong suspicions that Acer is behind both a MediaTek MT8192 and MT8195 device, so our hopes are high that we get to at least get a sneak peek at these new Chromebooks at their event on October 13th. Just like with the Pixel 6 news, we’ll know very soon as October is nearly upon us.
- Acer looks to be building the first MediaTek Kompanio 1200 Chromebook ‘Tomato’
- The first MediaTek Kompanio 820 Chromebook will arrive soon, and we know who’s making it
- A few reasons why the Lenovo Duet 5 should outperform other Snapdragon Chromebooks
- HP Chromebook x2 11 review: tablet dreams, Chromebook realities [VIDEO]
- More evidence to further confirm Pixel 6 October launch date
- Some upcoming MediaTek Kompanio 1200 Chromebooks will get a Pixelbook-like screen
- New MediaTek Kompanio 1200 Chromebook ‘Dragonfruit’ begins development
- Trusted leaker says a foldable Pixel (‘Passport’) is still set to arrive in 2021
This episode is also brought to you by NordVPN. Get a VPN that takes your privacy seriously. NordVPN is our VPN of choice and will secure your browsing on your Chromebook or on any device. Use NordVPN to keep your private data to yourself whether you are at home or on the go! CLICK HERE to try it out and get a 3-year deal for $3.49/month.