Chrome OS has updated to version 52 on the Stable channel. As usual,the new version brings with it a handful of bug fixes, security updates and feature enhancements. As posted on the Chrome Release Blog yesterday, Chrome OS 52 also brings with it these notable changes.
- Camera access in SAML flows, allowing for features like QR Code log in
- Additional Bluetooth APIs for Peripheral Mode Support
- Allowing Kiosk app to control OS version
- A new accessibility setting to allow users to combine audio channels
- Better localization for timezone selection
If your device has not updated simply click on settings>About Chrome OS then click “Check for and apply updates”.
The release of Chrome OS 52 brings us one step closet to the next major update to 53 which will contain the much anticipated “official” Play Store support for a number of Chrome devices. You can check out the full list of supported devices here. The update schedule usually runs between six to eight weeks. This means we could see Chrome OS 53 as soon as early September. We will keep you posted.