The day is finally here! The Elder Scrolls Online for Stadia just launched less than an hour ago and adventurers are already gearing up to slay monsters and discover secrets without a download to be seen. Well, some of us, anyway. Many players are having trouble getting logged into the game, but why is that and how do you overcome the issue? Let’s talk about that!
Upon booting up ESO on Stadia, many have already found that when they hit the ‘Log in’ button, the screen where they would normally input their username and password is not coming up. Is this happening to you as well? What you may not realize is that the log in box is actually there, it’s just invisible!
If you want to get into the game quickly, simply follow these instructions:
- Open Stadia and launch The Elder Scrolls Online
- Click ‘Login’
- Hover your cursor up and down in the center of the screen until your cursor turns into an IBeam. An IBeam is the cursor in the center of the image below.
- You will find that your cursor turns into an IBeam in two separate places as you hover up and down the center of the page. As you can see in the image below, although your login box is invisible, one text field will be for your username and the other for your password. Simply click in the top invisible box and type in your username
- Hit the tab key on your keyboard and type your password.
- (Please note that the image below is an approximation and your login box may be slightly higher up on the page)
- Hit the enter key on your keyboard to be redirected to the Chrome browser to link your ESO account. Once you log in through the web you will be taken to your account page where you can link your Stadia account (just click it even though it says ‘coming soon’.
- Once your account is successfully linked, you may close your browser and click back in Stadia to capture your mouse and return to the game.
- Click the login button once more to log in to The Elder Scrolls Online.
Yes, it’s a strange launch bug that may prevent many people from jumping in game, but we’re hoping that Google and Bethesda fix this immediately. A massive game like ESO is bound to have a few bugs upon launch, so it’s important to be patient in the early days and report them through the Stadia feedback button. If you would like to add me in game, my username is Faithdrawn. See you in Tamriel!