This week on The Chrome Cast, we start the show by discussing a recent video we publish that highlights all the ways ChromeOS is hiding in plain sight all around you. From call centers to trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings to medical establishments, ChromeOS is moving in all sorts of professional directions and as time goes on, we only expect to see it show up in more of those areas.
We then shift to discussing the need for better, lower-priced Chromebooks if Google is to gain a foothold in the consumer laptop space. While Chromebooks have great sales numbers, much of that success relies on education and enterprise purchases, leaving the consumer space as a still-untapped market in the larger sense. $300-$600 Chromebooks will be the place Google can win big, and the arrival of some new AMD-powered device could greatly help that cause.
- ChromeOS is being used in places you likely never expected [VIDEO]
- Why solid, affordable devices will be Google’s salvation for consumer Chromebooks
- AMD unveils new 7020 C-series for mid-range Chromebooks
- Google is testing Steam games for entry-level Intel Alder Lake N100/N200 Chromebooks
- Lenovo’s OLED Chromebook Duet 5 gets a massive discount