This week on The Chrome Cast, we begin the episode by getting the elephant out of the room right off the bat: Robby bought a Tesla. The stars aligned and with a great trade-in, reduced price, and the new federal tax credit, the timing was right. The excitement is obvious, but it gives way to some new content that could come from the Chrome Unboxed crew down the road if things work out.
The rest of our show focuses on two Chromebooks: one full of potential and one that’s a bit of a letdown. Our review of the ASUS Chromebook Flip CX5601 reveals a bit of a disappointment while our hopes for the upcoming HP Dragonfly Pro Chromebook couldn’t be higher right now. We are still waiting for official word on the latter, but it feels like it should be soon, and this new Chromebook begs the question: is the consumer market ready for another big swing at a premium Chromebook? We sure hope so!
- Our first Tesla-themed Short on YouTube
- Reader Poll: What would you pay for a “prosumer” device like the HP Dragonfly Pro?
- Are consumers ready for a high-end Chromebook like the HP Dragonfly Pro this time around?
- ASUS Chromebook CX5601 review: bigger isn’t always better
- HP’s new Dragonfly Pro Chromebook may be the Pixelbook Go sequel I’ve been waiting for
- CES 2023: HP Dragonfly Pro Chromebook hands-on impressions [VIDEO]
This episode is brought to you by Cameyo, the Chrome Enterprise Recommended virtualization solution that enables you to deliver all of your apps – including Windows, Linux, SaaS, and internal apps – to Chromebooks. CLICK HERE to get started today.
Fueled by Fresh Roasted Coffee! CLICK HERE to buy the special edition Chrome Unboxed bag.
This episode is also brought to you by NordVPN. CLICK HERE to try it out and get 2 years for $3.29 per month.