Stadia Pro subscribers have been receiving a ton of free games over the last few months including The Elder Scrolls Online which just launched this last week. Now, Google is turning up the heat again and offering four new free games which you can add to your library for the price you pay for one single coffee and bagel. Let’s take a look at what you can claim on July 1st!
SteamWorld Dig is a platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…
A lot of people on twitter seem to be complaining that SteamWorld dig is a free game for Pro subscribers this month. What you have to keep in mind is that for those who enjoyed SteamWorld Dig 2 when we received it during an earlier month, those people who the game appeals to are getting more value here. Sure, the game may not be for everyone and that’s okay, but the two gems people are pointing to this month – Crayta and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom are already packed with way more value than the $9.99 you’re spending on Stadia Pro.
Crayta brings together people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to create multiplayer games and share them with their families, friends and the rest of the world.
The simple-to-use but powerful game creation game is built on Unreal Engine 4 and is coming exclusively to Stadia from 1st July 2020.
No need for a load of separate downloads or different software – just create and collaborate in the cloud in real-time, then share your games instantly with the Crayta community.
Powerful, flexible, accessible, fun – game creation is now a game in itself.
The Premium Edition of Crayta will be free to claim with a Stadia Pro subscription. It will also be available to purchase on the Stadia Store for $39.99 (€34.99/£29.99).
We are extremely excited about Crayta. It’s basically a game development engine built into a game. It allows you to create worlds and share them with your friends through a simple web link using Stadia’s new State Share feature which is debuting with this title. Friends can jump into your game and play your creation in a matter of seconds! We can’t wait to see how this feature changes things for Stadia.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
We’ve known for some time that Monster Boy was coming to Stadia. The developers have even been showing off some gameplay on twitter in the time leading up to the release. The game has beautiful anime cutscene style and fantastic pixel art gameplay.
West of Loathing
West of Loathing — a slapstick comedy stick-figure wild west adventure role-playing game.
This game seems to be getting the most flak from Pro subscribers this month, but don’t be fooled by its stick figure artwork. West of Loathing draws inspiration from games like Skyrim and is a follow up the the browser based Kingdom of Loathing, but is absolutely a comedy above all. There’s a lot to discover and collect in the game and there’s plenty of odd humor. It’s not going to be for everyone, but for those who do enjoy it, they’ll also be able to replay it quite a bit.
New Stadia Pro deals for the week
- NEW! Football Manager 2020 for $25 USD
- NEW! Metro Exodus for $16 USD
- NEW! Metro Exodus – Gold Edition for $26 USD
- NEW! Metro Exodus – The Two Colonels for $4.79 USD
- NEW! Metro Exodus – Sam’s Story for $14.39 USD
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Stadia Ultimate Edition for $39.60 USD
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Stadia Season Pass for $20 USD
- Borderlands 3 for $30 USD
- Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition for $40 USD
- Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition for $50 USD
- Borderlands 3 Season Pass for $39.99 USD
- Just Dance 2020 for $20 USD
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition for $59.99 USD
- The Crew 2 – Deluxe Edition for $18 USD
- The Crew 2 – Season Pass for $20 USD
- The Division 2: Warlords of New York Edition for $30 USD
- The Division 2: Warlords of New York Expansion for $22.49 USD
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for $10 USD
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Ultimate Edition for $39.60 USD
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Year 1 Pass for $20 USD
- Trials Rising – Digital Gold Edition for $16 USD
- Trials Rising – Expansion Pass for $10 USD
New Discounts for Everyone
- NEW! Football Manager 2020 for $34.99 USD
- NEW! Metro Exodus for $20 USD
- NEW! Metro Exodus – Gold Edition for $32.50 USD
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Stadia Ultimate Edition for $60 USD
- Borderlands 3 for $40.19 USD
- Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition for $53.59 USD
- Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition for $66.99 USD
- Just Dance 2020 for $25 USD
- The Crew 2: Deluxe Edition for $30 USD
- The Division 2: Warlords of New York Edition for $40.19 USD
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint – Ultimate Edition for $60 USD
- Trials Rising – Digital Gold Edition for $20 USD
Two new Metro games now available for purchase
Last month, we reported that publisher A4 was going to make two more Metro games available. Welp, they just appeared on the Stadia Store!
Get ready for awesome, hardcore single-player shooter action set against a gritty narrative. Metro 2033 Redux is the masterful retelling of the original Metro saga, a superb remake of a groundbreaking FPS with a story-driven focus. Buy it June 23 on Stadia for $19.99 USD.
Metro: Last Light Redux is the gorgeous, atmospheric follow-up to Metro 2033, returning you to the Moscow tunnels to face a new challenge. Wander shadowy subterranean passages, face unseen perils, and battle insidious enemies. Purchase Metro: Last Light Redux on Stadia June 23 for $19.99 USD.
So there you have it! Four new free games for Stadia Pro subscribers, two new Metro games and a whole slew of discounts. The value proposition seems to become greater with each month! Also, don’t forget to pick up The Elder Scrolls Online before it’s too late. You can also play the game relatively well using Stadia’s new touchpad on your phone which is now in beta. What do you think about these titles for the month? Let us know in the comments below. See you in the cloud!