I love my Nexus 6P and I’m anxiously awaiting what the Pixel 2 will bring to the table. However, if any phone has grabbed my attention this year it is the upcoming LG G6.
If any device will make me stray from my Google roots it will be this one. Preliminary reviews of the G6 confirm my first impressions that I would love this phone.
LG and Google have teamed up to entice consumers to go ahead and take the leap for their next smartphone purchase.
Upon the initial release, reportedly April 7th, when you buy the LG G6 you can also pick up a Google Home smart home speaker FOR FREE! That’s a $129 value for nothing.
The exclusive report from TechnoBuffalo states the promotion began today at 12:00 p.m. ET and will run until April 30th, 2017.
You can check it out yourself at the LG G6 Promo site here. When you get there you’ll find a few details about the Google Home promotion and a sign-up form to be alerted for updates on the LG G6. Yes, I did sign up. Yes, I will be ordering it as soon as it’s available.
If you decide to snatch up the new smartphone you’ll have until May 15th, 2017 to redeem the Google Home offer.
Here’s a quick rundown of the G6’s specs.
- Android Nougat 7.0
- 7in 18:9 2880×1440(2:1) Quad HD display, 565ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- Google Assistant
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64GB storage (region dependent)
- 13Mp dual rear cameras, Wide (F2.4, 125°) / 13MP Standard OIS 2.0 (F1.8, 71°) LED flash
- 5Mp front camera, Wide (F2.2 / 100°)
- 11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 4G LTE
- Nano SIM (Dual SIM in some regions)
- 3,300mAh non removable battery
- Wireless charging (US only)
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- IP68 water resistant
To learn more about Google Home check out a few of our recent articles here.