This week on The Chrome Cast, we kept things relatively tight from a discussion topic perspective. The show really stays in two main sections: Google’s upcoming hardware releases and Acer’s excellent new Chromebook Spin 713. First up, for Google’s hardware, we get into some of the upcoming features like group calls on the Nest Home Max, FCC approvals of the Pixel 4a, Google’s hard-to-discern hardware release plans, and why the cancellation of Google I/O seems to have disrupted more than just the event itself.
For the second half of the show, we spend a lot of time talking about the fantastic Acer Chromebook Spin 713. With a high-end build, top-notch internals, and a very excellent user experience, this Chromebook is hitting all the right notes and sits at a far more reasonable asking price when compared to other Chromebooks released this year with similar spec sheets. This device is one to watch for sure.
- Duo group calls head to Assistant smart displays, Google Meet for Nest Hub Max
- One step closer: Android 11 Preview reveals Google’s Android/Chromecast TV dongle
- Google is finally fixing one of my biggest complaints about Assistant speakers
- The excellent new Acer Chromebook Spin 713 can be purchased right now
- New Acer Chromebook Spin 713 hands-on and first impressions
- SNL Celebrates Father’s Day (you’ll need to listen to the pocast for reference, here)