Virtual meetings and online learning have become the new normal and with that comes the need for better, more-affordable technology to change the way we interact with co-workers or the classroom. Google’s underrated Jamboard happens to be one of those pieces of really cool tech and right now, you can equip your office, boardroom, or classroom and save a truckload of cash.
Jamboard has evolved greatly over the past couple of years and what once was simply an interactive whiteboard is now a full-blown collaboration tool that can be used on the web, mobile devices, and even your TV if you want to Cast a “jam” to the big screen. Here is a look at some of the cool things that you can do with Jamboard by Google.
- Write and draw with the included stylus.
- Search Google and insert images or webpages.
- Drag and resize text and images with your fingers.
- Sketch a box, star, cat, or dragon. Image recognition technology converts your sketch into a polished image.
- Share your jams with collaborators. Up to 50 people can work on a jam at once.
- Create, edit, and share jams from your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Open a jam on a nearby Jamboard from your phone or tablet.
- Connect your computer to Jamboard. Jamboard displays your screen and lets you control the computer from the board’s touchscreen.
- Pick up where you left off earlier or email your jam session when you finish.
Integration with Google Meet makes Jamboard one of the most powerful and versatile tools that you can hand to your employees. Real-time collaborations and project-specific sharing options can increase productivity while keeping a massive workflow clean and organized. We’re actually experimenting with using Jamboard for our YouTube projects and the experience of Jamboard on the web thus far has been absolutely amazing.
The Jamboard hardware is geared towards team collaborations and the classroom but it is a big investment regardless of the size of your budget. Retailing for $4,999, the 55″ touchscreen whiteboard probably isn’t practical for every office but those considering it can save as much as $2,500 right now thanks to CTL. Eligible EDU and Enterprise customers can pick up a brand new Jamboard with the add-on licensing from CTL and have it shipped to your front door. Enterprise customers can knock $1,900 off of the retail price with promo code JAM4ME2 and EDU clients can save $2,500 with the code JAM4ME. This is an enormous savings and it could mean getting your hands on a new productivity tool that was once out of your budget. This sale runs through the end of the year and you can find the Jamboard at the link below.