The Pixel Watch has its own set of apps that have been installed via the Play Store. These apps get security and feature updates just like the apps on our smartphones do. However, these apps do not update automatically when we update their phone counterparts and therefore need some input on our part to keep them up to date. Here is how you can install app updates on your Pixel Watch:
Click on the watch’s crown to open the app drawer. Once the app drawer is open, either scroll down by rotating the crown or by swiping up on the screen until you arrive at the “Play Store” listing. Tap on “Play Store” and once again scroll all the way down until you see the options “Manage apps” and “Settings.”
Here you will have the choice of manually updating all your Watch apps or setting this up, so it happens automatically. To update your apps manually, tap on “Manage apps,” and if there are updates available, the first thing you will see is the title “Updates available” and how many app updates you have pending. At this point, you can proceed by tapping “Update all” or tapping on each app name individually to update it.
Alternatively, you can choose to make this all happen automatically instead by turning on the option to “Auto-update apps,” which can be found in Settings. When enabled, your apps will automatically update when your watch is charging and is connected to a wifi network.
I just want the steps!
1. Click on the watch’s crown to open the app drawer.
2. Scroll down by rotating the crown or by swiping up on the screen until you arrive at the “Play Store” listing.
3. Tap on “Play Store” and scroll all the way down until you see the options “Manage apps” and “Settings.”
4. To update your apps manually, tap on “Manage apps,” then “Update all” if there are updates available.
5. To update your apps automatically, tap on “Settings,” then enable the option to “Auto-update apps.”